Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Good Things September

* itunes V8 Genius Edition. Play a song, click on the genius icon and the program will create a playlist from your library that goes well with the song you were listening to. Genius, indeed. Rediscover your library, afterall, you bought that Nickelback album for a reason.

* Ani Difranco's newest album release, Red Letter Year. Two years in the making. Worth every minute of waiting.

*Live Your Life: TI & Rihanna's take on the unforgettable Numa, Numa. Catchy, fun, totally worthy of the $.99 itunes charges for it.

*A release date set for Dido's new album, Safe Trip Home (Nov 4). I have all of her albums and not once has she disappointed me.

*David Sedaris' new book When Engulfed in Flames. The 15 page story about his next door neighbor Helen is worthy of the $25 it costs for the book. Flawed, funny, stubborn and tragically sad, this is a character I don't think I will ever forget.

*Matisse's new donkey (aka democratic party logo) collar. When I told my mom that I had bought it she asked if I was just inviting attacks. It was then that I knew I had made a smart purchase.

*If you have a flexible schedule, a small amount in the bank account, and high expectations you can't go wrong with Direct Air. A new high class/discount airline. That means you get the leather seats and the trashy neighbor.

*TJ Maxx's Home Goods. You know the really messy "home" part of TJ Maxx? It's JUST like that except A WHOLE STORE. I'm in love.

*The fact that my husband knows all the lyrics to Hips Don't Lie by Shakira. I know I married him for a reason.

No comments: