Monday, March 10, 2008

I'm Back. I Swear.

It's 2 o'clock in the afternoon and i've only been up for an hour. And when this new job isn't reaking havoc on my sleep schedule, i've spent my free time massaging my feet and self medicating with ibuprofen (while secretly wishing I could just attach my self to a morphine drip instead).

Yes, it certainly feels like 3 steps back. Or a bad reaccuring dream - wasn't I just here 5 years ago - to which the dreadful answer is indeed, yes I have been here before. But hopefully, it won't be long before I can pick up my lunch sack and head somewhere else. Afterall, I happen to be a glass half full kind of girl and I hope that my sacrifice (3 steps, remember?) ensures that we will progress one step forward in the next year.

We've already had a conversation (or 2 or 2 million, depending on which one of us you ask. I'll admit it, i'm also a girl who doesn't like unresolved scenarios) about moving down here. I could have a full time job (that hopefully would be 7 steps up from the one I have now) while going back to school; We would have our own place, with our own things, with our four-legged friend. And if worst came to worst, which it may or may not, the economy down here is a tad more friendly to those of us who are unemployed.

The inevitable moment where you reach the fork in the road. That's us. And has been for about the last 2 years.

For now we forge on, quietly and efficiently working towards our year end goal: home, pup, school, more stable job (? the last one is always a guessing game). Last year was a year of personal results for me, now I want this to be a year of results for the both of us.

No comments: