Sunday, October 21, 2007

After Wedding Blues

one week after the wedding and i already feel my self slipping. my sister-in-law warned me with an arm wrapped around me: "life changes. you're not as busy. yes, there are a couple of bills to pay, a few thank you notes to write but then . . . nothing except time that you used to be consumed with color schemes, floral arrangements and the finalization of a menu."

i brushed off her remarks with a slight of the hand. Oh i'll be fine, i said. i'll look forward to the free time, the chance to relax, relish in the opportunity to move from bride back to human.

but i already see the trends of depression forming in my life - desire to sleep. . . always, difficulty finding motivation to complete simple tasks like doing a load of laundry, wanting to hide away in the quiet of home rather than socialize with friends.

i've beat it before. diet, exercise, self expression thru one venue or another. turning up my music really loud. all of these things aid in the healing process. now i must just focus my energy. find my direction and work through whatever is hindering.

put one foot in front of the other. each day. everyday.

No comments: