Monday, October 1, 2007

Adult Candy

TV is not addiction for me. Not withstanding a netflix movie, i usually grow bored within a half hour and decide to move on with my life and do something productive. Maybe this is because i don't have a gazillion channels or 10 channels for that matter or maybe because i don't find a fuzzy screen (even after i have adjusted the bunny ears) all that entertaining or maybe i'm just A.D.D. But for some reason, it just doesn't capture my attention like it used to.

HOWEVER, the internet is a different story. I used to lament to all my friends that N could stay comatose in front of a tiny screen for hours and i just didn't see what was all that interesting about it. Yes, i checked my e-mail and favorite sites once a day but beyond that it just didn't appeal to me.

Enter joblessness & being in a state where i knew no one. Enter the firm belief that the internet is entertainment: do you know you can watch television on the internet (thanks mtv)? look at ridiculous videos of everyday people via youtube? discover new music? read books? catch up on hollywood gossip? watch other people live their lives while you, well uh, don't (justintv you have me hooked), shop clothes & household goods.

oh my goodness. OH MY GOODNESS. I'm like a kid in a candy store. Internet is now my new favorite way to procrastinate & it's obvious to others beside just me. When mom and dad came to visit N and i in the Keys last year she got up one morning as N and i sat side by side on the bar each in our own internet world "is this what you do all day?" she asked. We looked at her and then resumed our lives online. I am now one of them.

In case your interested in procrastinating or killing time or finding something that serves a great good (your entertainment) while your at work, i listed a few more of my favorite blogs & other sites i'm addicted to on the right hand side of the blog. Check them out. Hopefully you'll enjoy them as much as i do.

No comments: