Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Nothing Says Love Like An Addiction

Hi. My name is L and I am an addict.


(Hi L.)


It's not a bad addiction, it's not one that i can't control . . . .although i'm sure all of you have said that at one point or another and if it was something that I could control, well, i guess i wouldn't be here would i? ha.


I was introduced to the drug by a friend a couple of years ago. It took a few times to really get used to its power but after a few times I really got hungry for it. At first it was something to just spice up my life a little. Add a little flavor. But then i started to realize that it was growing out of control. I could go through a half bottle in one sitting. The problem was becoming bigger than I. I tried to monitor my intake. Nothing is good for you in large doses. So i would pick up a small bottle here and there. Use it only on special occasions when i really needed that extra umph.


But this week i reached a new low. I reached the bottom of the bottle and still needed more. Poor N has been subject to this addiction. He's seen the empty bottles in the trash, extra's hidden away in the cupboards, he's even see me carry it around in my purse. . . just in case i may need it later. He's even supplied it, the poor soul, just to make me happy. That's exactly what happened this week. He went to one supplier and they didn't have it. He came home and saw the sadness and disappointment all over my face and left in his car again to resume the search. You can only imagine how i felt - desperate for this drug and inconviencing my husband in search of it.


When he returned i could tell he was haggard. Sick of the addiction, sick of trying to keep me happy in my addiction. But instead of putting his foot down. Instead of saying enough is enough he came back with a month's supply:


Tabasco Green Sauce.

Nothing says love like a 12 pack.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha. I love this