Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Days & Nights

It's 3.30 in the morning and I can't sleep. I never have a problem falling to sleep (my friends & family would attest that I have probably set records in that category) but i always seem to wake up in the middle of the night. It's not a problem when i'm not working or going to school, i kind of enjoy the silence of the middle of the night. The solitude. The stillness. Most of all the stillness.

Went for my morning walk yesterday. Glorious, simply, glorious. Early in the morning, the sun cast a warm vanilla hue over the land. The fog started to lift off the earth, buoyant from the heat of the sun, the clouds returning back to their home in the sky. Absolutely breathtaking. I am learning to be thankful for every moment my feet remain planted on the ground.

Move into the new condo today. Yesterday when we go the keys for it was really the first time i got to see it. I drove there wondering if it would feel like home, i crave the semblance of home when i'm here. Just someplace where I can hang my hat and feel comfortable. I've learned hotels are not that place, no matter how hard we try to create them to be. I arrived at the condo, stepped in and immediately. . . breathed. Yes, much better. Much better indeed.

Looking for something to do - a book club, volunteering, a hobby, maybe even a part-time job if we can swing it with one car. Now that the wedding has passed, the thank you's written, the unemployment issue adverted (for at least a time, the search must go on however) & we've found a better place to live, I find myself alone too much in a big city where I know very few people. I need to do something to make friends, acquaintances at the very least. I want to feel useful & productive again. At the very least, I really should start fueling my energy into writing, photography and Chic & Green. Also, there's the possibility of working alongside Home Away From Home, which would absolutely delight me.

There is no lack of opportunities or ingenue, I just need to dive head first and learn to not be afraid of outcomes.

Off to bed, long day of unpacking ahead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope unpacking went well and that you are settling into your new place!