Friday, August 31, 2007

Britney

Ok, ok. I wasn't a believer. I thought your glory days had been left behind you in a cloud of Toxic. You know with the child abuse allegations, the disastrous marriage to aspiring rap star & actor K-Fed, and a few pictures made public of your cha-cha as you got out of a car, the late nights out with your babies, the partying with Lindsay (rehab superstar) & Paris (jail bird), the emotional break down during your interview with Matt Lauer, the bad style choices, chewing gum on CNN during your discourse of war, the shaved head . . . .well . . . the list could go on and on but i'll stop there to save you a little bit of dignity. I admit, i had lost a little faith in you. I thought a comeback was impossible. I stay tuned like so many others just waiting for the run-away train to finally hit a wall.

But. . . .perez hilton has been chronicling your new releases the last couple of days and i've been tasting the samples. And their not that bad. Granted, their not Toxic or Hit Me (baby, one more time) or even Me Against the Music (featuring Madonna) but their not half bad either. Gimme Me - the remix - made my foot tap to the beat and it created this warm fuzzy sensation that made me want to crimp my hair, put on a low cut shirt and go out for drinks & dancing.

So essentially what i'm saying is that i'm glad you're back on the scene - i like thinking of you for your great music rather than with shaved head, cowboy hat and babydoll dress, balancing a baby on your hip as you juggle a frappacino in your hand. I like this you better. and i just want to let you know that i've missed you. and i know that a million other club goers have too.

Congrats on already breaking #80 (on your first day!) in the top #100.

No comments: