Tuesday, August 28, 2007

With Bated Breath, I'm Sure

I know that all of my loyal readers (all 3 of you) have suffered sleep deprivation, anxiety attacks & a general restlessness you just can't seem to shake off since my last entry. I understand. It happens to the best & the strongest of us. Well, i'm here to save you and update you on the going ons.

The flight home was absolute hell. That is if hell happens on a 747 jet with 200 people on board, 150 of them being small crying children. This same hell would have no air conditioning aboard the plane, make a fuel stop in Nashville because of undisclosed fuel leakage, have no ice to serve with beverages and also extend an ordinary 2 1/2 hour flight to an unbearable 4 hours. Yes, that would be hell alright. However, Midwest made strides to redeem themselves by holding my connecting flight for an hour so that i could get home on time. And it worked. I was overjoyed to reach the pavement in GR.

I had a wedding shower thrown by my best friend. It was beautiful and wonderful and I got a whole bunch of gifts that are stacked behind the couch awaiting N's arrival home so that we can go through them together and look at each one and stroke each one and think about how perfect it will be in our perfect little life. Or maybe that will just be me. The only one that i've actually used so far are the wind chimes from A which are currently out on the balcony chiming away. I am in love with them.

Speaking of the wedding, once upon a time (say about a year ago) when i wasn't worried about time constraints, a budget or how the hell I could pull off a wedding i had the genius idea of setting up bare trees at the front for the ceremony and I would hang beautifully beaded votive candles from them. It would enclose us all in and be the naturalistic backdrop N enjoys and yet be simply stunning (what i enjoy). Great idea right? Yeah well the execution of genius idea is not going so well. My uncle said I could cut a few trees off his property but he's not sure which ones would work yet and then of course I would have to find a way to transport them back to Gr. Also, I have googled every single phrasing I can think of that would encompass exactly what i'm looking for:
"autumn fake trees"
"fake trees"
"trees fake"
"leafless fake tree"
"halloween tree"
"fake bare trees"
and every time i get directed to silk trees or christmas trees or trees that are too small or lit with gaudy orange lights or are composed out of shredded plastic. I've gone to websites that said they had every kind of tree imaginable! trees for every occasion! custom made trees! but i am here to say that is not true because they don't have the kind of tree that i'm looking for. . . .
I did find one site that sold an autumn tree for $78.20 but they didn't look reputable, didn't provide good enough spefications & not to mention, what the hell am i going to do with 3 fake 7' trees in 2 months? Next up, the nursery's but i'm not sure how i'm going to broach that subject "excuse me do have any dead trees?" I could revert to a plan B if only i had one. . .

yes, so if you have got any ideas i'm open to them.

1 comment:

chinadoll said...

could you just buy some fake trees and cut the leaves off?