Monday, January 21, 2008

Hikes, Interviews & MLK Day

Well, we did go for that hike. All 7 miles of it. It was nice to get outdoors in the sun, to climb over tree roots, to see field mice scatter in the path infront of us, to eat a picnic of peanut butter & jelly sandwhiches in the open air, to really get back to the basics.

Yeah, I totally regret the idea.

But N loved it and I know it was good for me to do something I wouldn't ordinarily do. And I know it's so good for my body and that alone puts a smile on my face.

So all in all it was a successful day and I survived. Next weekend we're considering trying the 13.5 mile trail and only doing 9 of it. N's all for it, so I guess it's me who's really doing the considering part.

Tomorrow I have an interview at Barnes & Noble. I turned in my application on Thursday evening and they called me early this morning. I guess that's a good sign, but in some ways it feels like a few steps back considering I worked there a few years ago and SWORE I would never go back. N reminded me there is no shame in survival and the truth is it is just temporary, not something I will dedicate the rest of my life to. I am also awaiting to hear what date works to interview with Dog Day Afternoon. I would like the chance to interview with them before I make any sort of commitment.

Regardless of what job I take it will deeply satisfying to have an income, lead a busy life again and meet new people. I have been in need of that sort of personal satisfaction for a while now.

N had today off since it was MLK day and therefore, a federal holiday. He woke up extremely late, I shoved him out of bed and told him to get dressed and brush his teeth, and then sent him off to work. He called me about 2 minutes later saying he remembered he had the day off. We both have some sort of intestinal bug so it's probably for the better. We laid low for most of the day, both taking a 2 hour nap this afternoon, and then got up and took a walk this afternoon.

So many changes in the air. What next?

No comments: