Sunday, January 20, 2008

Weekend Update

I just slept for 12 hours straight. I wonder what could be so exhausting in this Florida lifestyle that my body desperately needed to shut down for 1/2 a day just to recoup? Pathetic. . .

Today is the first day it's been sunny in about a week. I know that friends and family in Michigan are playing there little violins at that statement but it seems to be extremely uncommon that the sun would stay in hiding for that long. So to celebrate, i'm going to pull N's body out of bed, and insist we pack a backpack and go for a hike. Yesterday, it rained for the majority of the day, so I didn't even go for a walk unless you count meandering around the farmer's market. Yes, it's time to get outside and put our bodies in motion.

I know I am so going to regret this idea later.

After a lot of thinking, I've booked a plane ticket home for February 6th. I'll be staying for 2 weeks and then driving back down with A who will then stay for about a week and then fly back to GR. Yes, I'll be missing N's birthday AND our 1st Valentines day as a married couple, but before I booked I made him pinkie swear that it was ok that I deserted him for those 2 occassions. He's never wanted to celebrate his birthday - once i got him a present and a cake and he didn't speak to me the rest of the evening - and I could see him breathe a sigh of relief of not having to plan anything special for V-day. Besides, I figure that we can celebrate before or after I go.

I keep thinking of all the things I need to bring back with me. A little list that keeps expanding and retracting as I remember things and then forget them. I don't know, as of yet, if I'll get to bring Matisse back with me. I would love to but don't know if we can find place before then that allows dogs his size. There are suprisingly very few rentals on this side of Orlando.

That's all for now. Time to get on with the day.

No comments: