Thursday, January 17, 2008

L.A.Z.Y.

It's so dreary here. Drearier than i've seen it since I arrived in late November and apparently this same weather pattern will be holding on for about a week. Now, I know how those of you in Michigan feel although I am spared the freezing cold temperatures and the hassle of digging my car out of a snow bank. I can still walk outdoors in a tee-shirt. . .

I feel sorry for you.

I've been the laziest person today. My greatest accomplishment today consisted of making N lunch and ordering a birthday cake for someone at FEMA.

Oh, I was also able to catch up on some of my favorite bravo series like Real Housewives of Orange County. I typically walk away feeling poor & fat but it's worth it for the 1 hour enjoyment I derive from seeing 40 year old women act like they're 20 again. They may be rich and sport designer clothing but this show has proven there is more to aging gracefully than just an expensive skin cream.

I do feel like this day of complete waste was well desereved, however, considering I spent yesterday doing laundry (which is easier said than done, but that's a story for a different day), picking up groceries, running to the Post Office, cleaning the house and oh yes, scrubbing mold off the shower curtain. THAT was the highlight of yesterday.

I walked away from the endeavor wet, sweaty, nearly naked (there was no way I was going to let bleach touch any of my clothes) and smelling of harsh chemicals.

I'm sure it was the homecoming of N's dreams.

So, part of me has reveled in the delight of a well-wasted day in which pajamas were converted to "lounge wear" and a martini is acceptable at 11am.

No comments: