Monday, July 30, 2007

A Happy Mess

on a good note, we did purchase wedding bands (on the recommendation of someone to look into Zales) AND we made the arrangments for the tuxedos AND got a majority of the guest list finished. on a bad note, N was sent home from work today because of his cold and while so far, i've been able to avoid the worst symptoms, i'm sure my time on dayquill/nightquill and in bed will come. it just has to when you're sharing the same tiny living space, drinking from the same straw and sleeping in the same bed.

these days i guess i feel a bit war-torn. my hair has not seen a good conditioning in 3 weeks. my toe nail polish is starting to chip. my heels now have well-developed callouses. i have officially run out of things to wear that are decent - the jeans are a little too baggy for my liking, the shirt is a little ill-fitting, the sandals don't match the outfit. everything's just a little too baggy or a little too ill-fitting for my liking. but, with only a month left here in florida & only one suitcase, i can't justify going out and re-vamping my wardrobe.

but it all serves as a good lesson anyways. one that on a daily basis teaches me to be happy regardless. because, in the long run it doesn't matter to anyone that my feet look like hell, my hair is so dry it's brittle, or my jeans are a little baggy in the ass. but, for this little while, it teaches me to say, "here i am. a mess. but a happy one. and for that, i'm ok.

No comments: